Scroll to Pictures
Feb. 1, Day two
Prep, prep and more prep. Our installer had a lot of prep work ahead of
him. Good thing he was right on time - again. A previous owner had done
some custom work adding a few small kitchen cabinets to fill in the space
where the microwave now goes.
This work was, of course done badly. It wasn't square,
or even flush with the other cabinet. With everything demolished, they made
the microwave mounting plate look out of plumb. But since I installed the
microwave myself, I knew it was plumb.
Look at the problem spot pictures before
(close up) and after
(close up) the prep-work.
rebuilt, flush and ready to go. That little cabinet looks like it belongs
with the rest now, instead if looking like someones mistake.
Anyhow, in these pictures, we see all new wood placed
on top of the cabinets, ready for the granite slabs that will be installed
next week. Surfaces of the cabinets are completely sanded, and even then, the
dust is all vacuumed up before we get home.
Our installer placed more plastic over items left in
the work area (refrigerator) so that it wouldn't get covered with dust. Even
sawdust in the driveway was swept up when I got home from work. Can't wait
to see what's on the schedule for tomorrow, after todays progress with the